Ixium respect your right to privacy and the need to provide protection to your personal information. We want you to feel secure when dealing with us and to ensure you that your personal information is in safe hands.
We ask that you read this notice carefully as it contains important information about what to expect when we collect personal information about you, how we will use it and what your rights are in relation to our processing.
Ixium Group Limited (“Ixium”) provide privacy and data protection services to organisations in the private, public and not for profit sectors. We act as a data controller in the day to day running of our business, but do not routinely act as a data processor. Ixium are registered as a data controller with the ICO in the United Kingdom, registration number 11735753.
This notice applies to personal information we collect about:
- Our customers
- Business contacts
- Job applicants
- Visitors to our website
If you have any questions about how we process and protect your personal information please contact us at
When you do business with us, become a client of our firm, visit our website or attend any of our events we collect some or all of the following categories of personal information from you:
- Contact information – Name, business address, email and telephone number(s)
- Professional information – professional or employment related information including job title, role description, employer and location.
- Sales & marketing information – as part of our sales & marketing activity we will use your contact information and may use online identifiers such as IP address, social media ID, browsing history and web beacons (see below). This information may be used for direct marketing purposes.
- Commercial information – we will collect personal information relevant to the matter upon which we may be instructed and maintain a history of the products & services you have bought from us. Where required, we will store user name and password details in order to give access to services.
- Recruitment information – in addition to you contact details we will also collect information on educational history, professional or employment related history, references and hobbies interests. Where permitted we may hold sensitive information relating you your application such as health information or disability, these are only used to ensure the needs of the candidate can be met.
- Audio-visual materials – occasionally we may capture photographs during events and take recordings of workshops or virtual meetings.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us provide the required services or comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The categories of personal information outlined above will have been obtained either directly from you or indirectly from publicly available sources (e.g. LinkedIn or Companies House). The personal information we obtain from these sources relates to your corporate activities, collection of which is permissible without your consent under the Privacy & Electronic Regulations (PECR). We will inform you when this processing occurs.
|Purpose||Legal Basis for Processing|
|Marketing our products and services to you||Justified on the basis of our legitimate interests, so that we can conduct and grow our business.|
|Recruitment||Justified on the basis of entering into a contract with the right candidates for our business.|
|Managing our contractual relationship with you||Necessary for the performance of a contract.|
|Operating and managing our business operations||Justified on the basis of legitimate interests for the operation of our business|
|Complying with legal requirements||Necessary for the compliance with a legal obligation on our business.|
|Improving the security and operation of our website, network and information.||Justified on the basis of our legitimate interests for ensuring that you receive a good user experience and our networks and information are secure.|
|Monitoring your use of our systems (includes the monitoring of the website and apps that we use).|
When processing under legitimate interests we will retain your data while we have an on-going relationship with your organisation. When this is no longer the case your personal information will be deleted after one year.
Under contract we will hold relevant personal information for 6 years from the end of year the contract is terminated.
Where data retention is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, it will be retained in accordance with the relevant legislation.
We will only share information with third party suppliers, where necessary, to conduct our business operations. We have appointed third party data processors in the following areas; lead generation, customer relationship management, proposal management, email and data storage.
Each of these suppliers have committed to GDPR compliance, applying suitable safeguards to your personal information.
We will share information with third parties where legally required to do so.
We do not sell any of the personal information we process.
We use third party cloud services to manage aspects of our business operations, as detailed above. These are data processors located in the United States of America (US). Each of these vendors are signed up for Privacy Shield, which provides safeguards for your information that is transferred to the US.
Note: We are aware that the European Court of Justice (CJEU) recently invalidated Privacy Shield. We are awaiting guidance from the ICO as to how this matter should be dealt with and will update this privacy notice in due course.
If you would like further details of the safeguards that are in place please contact us at email@example.com.
We have put in place a range of security measures, both technical and organisational, to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alternation or destruction. We regularly review the measures put in place to ensure your personal information is as secure as practically possible.
All Ixium staff have signed a confidentiality agreement and only authorised persons will have access to your personal data
We analyse your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our website, helping us to identify ways to improve it and make it a more positive and relevant user experience.
Our proposal management tool uses web beacons or other technologies to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on. Web beacons do not place information on your device, but they may work in conjunction with cookies to monitor activity.
Our website may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice applies only to Ixium’s website, when you access links to other websites you should read the relevant privacy notices.
Under GDPR you have the right to:
- Request access to the personal information we hold about you, a subject access request;
- Request a rectification of your personal information;
- Object to the processing of your personal information;
- Request the erasure of your personal information;
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal information;
- Request portability of your personal information.
Ixium do not conduct any automated decision making or profiling in relation to your personal information.
To initiate any of your rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If, for any reason, you believe your privacy rights have been violated, we would encourage you to get in touch with us at email@example.com. Please be aware, that you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) in the United Kingdom, whose details can be found here.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. When we update this notice we will post the changes on this page, and place notices on other relevant pages of the website, so that you may be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times.